Wednesday, November 29, 2017

JUST ADD BEER

AND then there was Beer.. (Google Images, 2017)



It was my first party here at the resort.  The food was awful but I don't like smoke flavoring anyway (Brisket) , It wasn't as if the beef had been roasting for days or hours I am sure it had been flung together quickly and the flavoring poured over the top.   But who knows?? Who cares? just add beer.  The dinner was complementary to welcome the managers back for the season.  The beer was .25 a glass.  Pitchers of beer lined tables that had been taken since 1:00 PM while the party was still just being set up to begin at 3:00.  Jackets, purses, hats and strategically posted friends watched rows and tables of empty chairs ready to announce,"that's taken."  On one occasion I hovered too long around a table out of the sun, waiting on my mother to join me, as one of these watch dogs poised to attack, I saw the words on her lips, leaning forward on her chair, but I kept walking.  Found 4 nice seats at the bar, why not?  Padded comfortable, I laid out the sweater I had brought, then I sat down to watch over my "taken seats."  

No comments:

GLAD TO SEE AND HEAR